Location: La Plata (Charles County), MD Office
We are seeking a well qualified candidate for an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer with staff management, design, and project management experience for the position of Project Manager in our La Plata (Charles County), Maryland office. This work will consist of staff oversight and direct involvement on a large range of projects for private developers and government projects, including residential, commercial and industrial site development, surface mining, schools and other government projects, and capital improvement projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the office director by managing and mentoring planning and project design staff from the initial project planning through preparation of construction documents and permitting for projects in the Charles, St. Mary’s and Calvert Counties of Maryland areas, including site layout/grading, storm drain/stormwater management, water/sewer, sediment control, and infrastructure plans.
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, and timelines and manage staff to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Responsible for direct client and government interactions
- Attend client/government meetings with officials and public hearings
- Coordination of project schedules with the ability to multitask, and manage quality and budget control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or higher, professional registration is a plus
- A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in civil engineering and land development project management
- Demonstrated familiarity with all aspects of land development, ranging from conceptual design, engineering design, and construction for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects
- Experience in the land development process in the Southern Maryland area is preferred
- Strong and effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to produce a cost-effective and quality product for the clients
- Team player in a team environment
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. A cover letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com or it can be mailed to:
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.
9375 Chesapeake Street, Suite 227
P.O. Box 2727
La Plata, MD 20646-2727