Location: Mitchellville (Bowie, MD) Office
We are seeking CAD Technicians with a minimum of two (2) years of experience. This position is responsible for developing engineered construction plans in a AutoCAD/CIVIL3D platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into working documents for civil engineering projects. The CAD Technician will work under the direction of a Project Engineer. The CAD Technician assists the Project Engineer with drafting storm drain and stormwater management facilities, erosion/sediment control structures, environmental site design, and road improvements, including maintenance of traffic, signage, and pavement markings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with project specifications.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by project engineer or design coordinator.
- Work closely with other designers and engineers to insure a coordinated design.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate must have at least two (2) years experience preferred in civil design and the following skills:
- Experience using AUTOCAD with basic knowledge of CIVIL3D-Current Version.
- Experience with drawing setup, scale usage, dimensioning, labeling and plotting within a 2D and 3D environment.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a productive team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management and fellow employees.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent full time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for this position.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
A cover letter and resume should be sent to:
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite, 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721
Or send via email to email@example.com