LOCATION: Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm is seeking a Land Planner/Landscape Architect with 5-7 years experience in private sector urban land planning, site design, and zoning experience in the Maryland National Capitol area region of Prince George’s and Montgomery County Maryland. This position in our Planning, Zoning, and Subdivision Section of our Mitchellville (Bowie) Maryland office will require working closely with landscape architects and civil engineers to facilitate the development objectives of our clients.
- Analyzing zoning and subdivision regulations to support developing the most efficient and cost efficient preliminary plans, conceptual site plans, and detailed site plans, for residential, commercial, and industrial real estate sites;
- Working closely with environmental consultants, zoning attorneys, and regulators on all phases of projects;
- Providing expert testimony for zoning and subdivision cases.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- BS degree or higher in Urban Planning or Landscape Architecture with 5-7 years design or equivalent experience in the private sector;
- Professional registration is desirable;
- Knowledge of land/site planning and development processes;
- Working knowledge of local (MNCPPC) and state development codes and regulations;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to the preparation of preliminary plans, conceptual site plans, and detailed site plans;
- Basic understanding of civil engineering, architectural and general real estate development principals;
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite Software;
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement plans, and is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.bendyer.com for more information on about our company. Resumes and a cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org