Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in Mitchellville (Prince George’s County) Maryland, has an immediate opening for an IT Manager. The IT Manager maintains the computer networks of both the Mitchellville and LaPlata offices, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. The IT Manager monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. This position will be an all-encompassing IT support role, as well as a planning and implementation role for the future progress and success of Ben Dyer Associates in the ever-changing information technology landscape.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Research and development of new equipment, software, processes, procedures, and technologies that impact Ben Dyer business operations and efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Interacts with and advises senior management, technical, and administrative staff company-wide
- Proactive, upbeat and collaborative communication style, with the ability to be direct, tactful, and transparent.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Provide continuous improvement regarding the quality of delivered services.
- Researches updates, configures, and maintains a Windows-base computer network
- Implement Active Directory Group Policies and LDAP authentication to include software deployment, security settings, and application settings.
- Assembling new systems and implementing programs to retire and recycle outdated computer systems.
- Maintain an inventory of all existing computer hardware and software, and lease agreements
- Maintain contact with software and hardware vendors
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology or related field
- Working knowledge on VMWare in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, and related operating systems
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Experience supporting an environment with multiple dependencies
- Must be able to work independently
- IT and technical skills
- Interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Team player
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.