Location: Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland Office
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. is seeking a field engineer/construction technician to work in our Survey Department located in Mitchellville (Bowie) Maryland.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspection of Sediment and Erosion Control, Water and Sewer, Storm Drain, and Stormwater Management facilities to ensure that the work conforms to engineered plans and specifications
- Inspection of site, grading, and landscaping to insure that the work conforms to plans and specifications
- Preparation of written reports documenting site observations
- Preparation and production of field survey cut sheets for contractor use from engineering drawings and survey data
- Preparation and production of As-Built drawings for Water & Sewer, Storm Drain, and Stormwater Management facilities
- Review of shop (in-house) drawings to ensure conformance with plans and specifications
- Knowledge of the American Disabilities Act and the ability to perform a site evaluation of the same
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and 3+ years of documented experience in the land development and construction industry OR Associates degree in Civil Engineering/Construction/Survey Technology and documented experience exceeding 5+ years in the land development/construction industry OR 7+ years documented experience in the land development/construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Demonstrated Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D current version
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to perform a basic survey using a level/transit
- Ability to open manhole covers up to 150 pounds and ability to climb steps and ladders into and out of manholes
- Valid, acceptable driver’s license
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent full time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for this position.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
A resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com or they can be mailed to:
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite, 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721