Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc, is seeking a Land Planner/Landscape Architect with 5-7 years of planning and zoning private-sector experience in the Maryland National Capitol area region of Prince George’s and Montgomery County Maryland. This position in our Planning, Zoning and Subdivision Section or our Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland office works closely with landscape architects and civil engineers to facilitate the development objectives of our clients. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of private-sector experience with land planning, zoning, site layout, and site design, preferably in the Prince George’s County and/or Montgomery County Maryland region of Maryland.
- Researching and analyzing zoning and subdivision regulations and codes to support developing the most efficient and cost efficient preliminary plans and conceptual site plans for residential and commercial real estate development sites;
- Administering development applications and preparing all required documents;
- Attending meetings and hearings as it relates to development projects (Planning Board, Site Development Review Committee);
- Providing expert testimony for zoning and subdivision cases before the Planning Board (If AICP certified);
- Conducting preliminary research using the PG County GIS, Land records and development tracking portal and other public records to gather property information and present it to project managers;
- Researching deeds;
- Writing statements of justification (a document demonstrating a project’s compliance with the County Zoning ordinance, master/sector plans and general plan);
- Preparing feasibility studies for potential development projects;
- Preparation of Development Plan General Notes;
- Working closely with other environmental consultants, zoning attorneys, and regulators on all phases of projects.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- BS degree or higher in Urban Planning, Design, or Landscape Architecture with 5-7 years design or equivalent experience in the private sector;
- Professional registration is desirable;
- Knowledge of land/site planning and development process;
- Candidate must have experience in site layout, site design, land grading, land forming, and Earthworks (cut fill estimation)
- Must have the ability to create free hand drawings, and perspective sketches for grading and site layout and to prepare Cut and Fill estimates through site grading for feasibility studies.
- Working knowledge of local Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission (MNCPPC) and Maryland State development codes and regulations;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to design preliminary plans and conceptual site plans;
- Basic understanding of civil engineering, architectural and general real estate development principals;
- Skill in the use of AutoCAD/CIVIL 3D, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite Software;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. Ben Dyer Associates offers a competitive salary and benefits program, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes and a cover letter should be sent to email@example.com.