Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
We are seeking a Land Planner/Landscape Architect with 5-7 years experience in private sector urban land planning, site design, and zoning experience in the Maryland National Capitol area region of Prince George’s and Montgomery County Maryland. This position is located in our Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland office in our Planning, Zoning, and Subdivision Section. The position will require working closely with landscape architects and civil engineers to facilitate the land development objectives of our clients.
- Analyzing zoning and subdivision regulations to support developing the most efficient and cost efficient preliminary plans, conceptual site plans, and detailed site plans, for residential, commercial, and industrial real estate sites;
- Preparation of land development feasibility studies, community planning/design, site design and grading plans for residential and commercial/retail projects;
- Working closely with environmental consultants, zoning attorneys, and regulators on all phases of projects;
- Providing expert testimony for zoning and subdivision cases.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- BS degree or higher in Urban Planning or Landscape Architecture with 5-7 years design or equivalent experience in the private sector;
- Professional registration is desirable;
- Knowledge of land/site planning and development processes;
- Working knowledge of local (Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission-MNCPPC) and Maryland state development codes and regulations;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to the preparation of preliminary plans, conceptual site plans, and detailed site plans;
- Basic understanding of civil engineering, architectural and general real estate development principals;
- Working knowledge of the use of AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite Software;
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement plans and is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes and a cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:rinc