Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
We are seeking an Urban Land Planner/Landscape Architect with 3-5 years experience in private sector urban land planning, site design, and zoning experience in the Maryland National Capitol area region of Prince George’s and Montgomery County Maryland. This position is located in our Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland office in our Planning, Zoning, and Subdivision Section. The position will require working closely with landscape architects and civil engineers to facilitate the land development objectives of our clients.
Researching and analyzing zoning and subdivision regulations and codes to support developing the most efficient and cost efficient preliminary plans and conceptual site plans for residential and commercial real estate development sites;
- Administering development applications and preparing all required documents;
- Attending meetings and hearings as it relates to development projects (Planning Board, Site Development Review Committee);
- Providing expert testimony for zoning and subdivision cases before the Planning Board (If AICP certified);
- Conducting preliminary research using the PG County GIS, Land records and development tracking portal and other public records to gather property information and present it to project managers;
- Researching deeds;
- Writing statements of justification (a document demonstrating a project’s compliance with the County Zoning ordinance, master/sector plans and general plan);
- Preparing feasibility studies for potential development projects;
- Preparation of Development Plan General Notes;
- Working closely with other environmental consultants, zoning attorneys, and regulators on all phases of projects.
- Experience with land grading in AutoCAD Civil 3D
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- BS degree or higher in Urban Planning, Design, or Landscape Architecture with 3-4 years design or equivalent experience in the private sector;
- Professional registration is desireable;
- Knowledge of land/site planning and development process;
- Working knowledge of local Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission (MNCPPC) and Maryland State development codes and regulations;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to design preliminary plans and conceptual site plans;
- Basic understanding of civil engineering, architectural and general real estate development principals;
- Skilled in Hand grading or using AutoCAD Civil 3D to grade sites for development, and being able to balance cut and fill material quantities;
- Skill in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite Software;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. Ben Dyer Associates offers a competitive salary and benefits program, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes and a cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.