Location: Maryland and Washington DC Metropolitan Area
We are seeking an Mid-Level experienced Senior Civil Engineer with design and staff management experience for the position of Water and Sewer Design Section Manager located in our Mitchellville (Bowie), Maryland Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, overseeing, and directing the section staff for the design of the local water distribution network and the design of the local wastewater collection system (sanitary sewer) in support of local land development projects. These designs will be in accordance with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) manuals, criteria, and procedures. Submittals to WSSC will be in accordance with their policies. Preparing as-built water and sewer plans will also be in accordance with WSSC criteria. Minimum requirements: BS Civil Engineering or equivalent, PE preferred.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- BS degree or higher in Civil Engineering with 5-7 years design experience;
- Management experience to lead and direct staff;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of water and sewer engineering design;
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, specifications, and procedures and apply these concepts to design of water and sewer projects;
- Working knowledge of water and sewer design standards as they relate to a CAD based design system;
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management, fellow employees, clients, and local officials.
- Prior experience with Washington Suburban Sanitation Commission (WSSC);
- Familiarity and experience with the land development process in Central and Southern Maryland areas
- Familiarity with the water and sewer installation process;
- Experience with ProjectDox for electronic project submittals;
- Skill in the use of AutoCAD/Civil3D, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat Software.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement and is an equal opportunity employer.
A cover letter and resume should be sent to: : email@example.com.