Location: Mitchellville Office
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer in our Mitchellville, Maryland office. The selected candidate will become part of a team that provides project consulting and site planning, design, and engineering services to a wide variety of clients. Project work and responsibilities will include work for commercial, residential and government clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, as well as plan and permit processing and technical writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of storm drain, stormwater management structures including environmental site design, and sediment and erosion control in accordance with local regulations.
- Preparation of construction documents, utilizing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, street grade establishment, utilities and specifications and floodplain analysis for land development projects.
- Coordinating and obtaining approvals of construction documents from local agencies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of design experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of TR-20, TR-55, HEC-RAS, HEC-2, HY-8, AutoCAD/Civil 3D 2016, and other engineering applications
- Experience in the land development process in the Prince George’s County, Maryland and Washington D.C. area is preferred.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be mailed to:
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc.
11721 Woodmore Road, Suite, 200
Mitchellville, MD 20721