Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm is growing! We have immediate openings experienced Professional Civil Engineers in our Mitchellville (Bowie) and La Plata (Charles County) Maryland offices. The selected candidates will become part of a team that provides project consulting and site planning, design, and engineering services to a wide variety of clients. Project work and responsibilities will include work for commercial, residential and government clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, as well as plan and permit processing and technical writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of storm drain, stormwater management structures including environmental site design, and sediment and erosion control in accordance with local regulations.
- Preparation of construction documents, utilizing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plans, street improvements, street grade establishment, utilities and specifications and floodplain analysis for land development projects.
- Coordinating and obtaining approvals of construction documents from local agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a professional engineer’s license in the state of Maryland (or the ability to obtain a Maryland license within three (3) months of hire).
- The desired candidate shall have a minimum of five (5) years of water resources experience and must be able to demonstrate intimate knowledge of and experience in the execution of water resources projects including phases of feasibility, conceptual design, construction document preparation, permitting, and construction management and documentation
- Demonstrated working knowledge of TR-20, TR-55, HEC-RAS, HEC-2, HY-8, AutoCAD/Civil 3D (Current Version), and other engineering applications
- Experience in the land development process in the Calvert, Charles, Prince George’s and St. Mary’s Counties, Maryland and Washington D.C. area is preferred.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we are unable to sponsor applicants for work authorization
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer. A cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com.