Location: La Plata (Waldorf), MD -Charles County
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. an established, well-respected local civil engineering, planning and surveying firm located in La Plata (Charles County) Maryland, is seeking Survey CAD Technicians with a minimum of three (3) years of experience to work in our La Plata (Charles County), Maryland office. This position is responsible for developing survey construction stakeout and as-built plans and boundary survey drawings in a CAD/CIVIL3D platform; receiving field data and transforming them into working drawings, existing conditions base sheets and finished plats. The Survey CAD Technician will work under the direction of a Project Surveyor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with project specifications and various industry survey standards.
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment.
- Modifying drawings as directed by project manager or project surveyor.
- Work closely with other surveyors and engineers to insure a coordinated design.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
The successful candidate must have at least three (3) years experience in surveying and the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of AUTOCAD with demonstrated experience using CIVIL3D-Current Version
- Demonstrated experience with drawing setup, scale usage, dimensioning, labeling and plotting, and editing of surfaces within a 2D and 3D environment.
- Demonstrated experience in processing field data collection electronic files.
- Demonstrated experience in deed research and plotting.
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a productive team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication within all levels of company management and fellow employees.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor a new candidate for work authorization.
Ben Dyer Associates, Inc. offers competitive salaries and benefits; including group medical insurance, paid time off, holidays, and retirement, and is an equal opportunity employer.
A cover letter and resume should be sent to: email@example.com.